Saturday, June 19, 2010

Always Something New

When you travel like this, every day brings something new and when you're as old as I am, that is quite a statement. We were going down a long hill with a rather sharp turn at the bottom when I noticed an Inukshuk on a rocky ledge beside the highway. Some wayward soul took some time to build this one! You see them along the highways of Canada in every province. But I've never seen one with a ladies bra on it like this one had. Almost caused me to go off the road. I knew that I could never get stopped in time, or find a place to turn around and go back, so, there is no photo to prove it. But I know what I saw!
Arrived safe and sound at our favorite RV park in Dryden Ont. The Northwestern Tent and RV park is run by a delightful older Swiss couple. They even take time at Christmas to send us a letter.
Cold today. The highs all day ranged from 12C to 14C. Misty with a cold breeze that fortunately was behind us giving us a slight push. As I write, it has cleared off and the sun is out but still a cool breeze.
Expect to be in Brandon tomorrow afternoon, which will make the family happy. Going to spend 8 days there before we head further west.
Perhaps by then the flooded highways in Manitoba and Sask. will have dried out.

Quote for the day:

It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. - James Thurber

Cheers

P & N
  

No comments:

Post a Comment